Mr. Bones Halloween 2021

Hi friends, thank you so much for stopping. I have always wanted to create a creepy Halloween make using the awesome Idea-ology and Sizzix products. A huge shout out to all of Tim Holtz Ideaology makers who totally inspired me to give this a try. Hoping it inspires you to give it a try as well.

For this make I used a small ectcetera tag. Using Collage medium I covered the tag with a beautiful backdrop. Went over the panel with black soot distress ink and using the bricked stencil I covered the tag with crypt grit paste….just love the look and so awesome that SSS still has some in stock may need to stock up on some more 🙂

While the tag dried I started working on the accessories . I used distress watercolor cardstock and covered it with black soot, hickory smoke oxide and pumice stone spray and die cut the fence and tomb stones from the vaulted halloween series. I needed a base for the tag and decided on the larger vignette box which I covered with a piece of a backdrop on top and painted the sides with black soot paint . After the paint had dried I went over in sections with crackle paste and on the top I covered it with crypt grit paste and grave texture paste. Using the ranger tool I created a rough texture with it.

After the base and the etcetera tag were completely dry I glued both pieces together. I never thought I would be buy clamps and drills for the craft room but they definitley came in handy.

For Mr Bones I used Distress woodgrain cardstock. Before die cutting I spread some crackle paste over small sections. I colored the cards stock with gathered twigs, pumice stone and hickory smoke. For the tombstones I had a background panel that I had colored with frayed burlap and hickory smoke oxide spray and pumice stone. I did cut the pieces out with black card stock as well to use for the inside border and R.I.P

I had so much fun decorating the inside of the crypt. With Mr Bones I ended up die cutting the base of it 3 more times to make it a little more thick so that I could glue it in place. I used 2 of the pumpkins from skulls and pumkins, grunged them up using walnut stain crayon. Beside that I put the smallest toad stool which was also grunged with the same crayon. For the bones I put a bit of translucent grit paste. I did end up putting down real dirt and small sticks on the base from my garden. I covered part of the skull with crackle paste and smudged it with walnut stain…lol yes it is definitley my go to color to make something look dirty. The flowers I sprayed with both black soot and pumice stone distress spray. The bats were left overs from a previous make . They were cut from cracked leather cardstock. The skull adornment was covered with grit paste and after it dried I went over it with hickory smoke crayon. I did add some spider webs on parts of the brick work.

I had so much fun putting this make together. It took some time but definitley worth it. I hope you like my step by step. You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below: click on the picture and it will take you directly to the product. If purchased through the link provided I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate all your amazing support. Looking forward to sharing many more projects and techniques including my favorite .. mixed media.

https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?id=f5e8378456858c916708

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today. Hope you will subscribe to my blog for future posts. See you again soon with another crafty project.

Kulbir

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.